Control an Electric Motor Wirelessly

Hello everyone, In my project, I am using a wireless transmitter, seen here: https://www.adafruit.com/products/1095 , and a receiver: https://www.adafruit.com/products/1097 . I want to control a normal ac motor with the transmitter, but I do not know how I should go about this. What would be the best way to regulate if the motor is on or off. I am very sorry if this question is not specific enough, but I do not know what you guys need to know. I am using an arduino uno, but the reciever/transmitter is standalone. Thank you.

I am using an arduino uno,

Just one? You would normally need one on the transmitter and one on the receiver.

How do you envisage this working?

So, I use the arduino as the reciever, and I have a transmitter. The rig works fine with, say, a servo, which has actual PIN input, but not with the motor.

WilkyRL: The rig works fine with, say, a servo, which has actual PIN input, but not with the motor.

So how are you wiring the motor and how are you switching it on? You can't connect a motor directly to an Arduino pin, you need a transistor or FET and a reverse biased diode across the winding, at least.

Grumpy_Mike: So how are you wiring the motor and how are you switching it on? You can't connect a motor directly to an Arduino pin, you need a transistor or FET and a reverse biased diode across the winding, at least.

For an AC motor? I'd expect a relay to be involved.

the link you posted to is a simple, non-arduino device.

it has a wireless key-fob type sender and a 433khz receiver.

press button #1 on the fob and channel #1 on the reciver changes state.

depending which reciever you purchased, the receiver appears to change state for the druation of the keypress or, if you get the toggle version the reciver will toggle state, turn on with one press, then turn off with a second press.

wire this to a relay board that has an opto, and then wire your motor to the relay board.

PaulS: For an AC motor? I'd expect a relay to be involved.

+1

but also, make sure the relay and the power supply are matched to your load. those #1 relays on e-bay do not have traces on the PCB to handle large loads.