control arduino ports with PC

Hey!

I have arduino hooked up to 10 LED lights. I would like somekind of program to make fast proggraming on how these lights turn on and off. (for disco use example: i want to make them blink for specific song and if i were to write program it would take forever)
Is there something like somekind of software so you can just enter delay and click with mouse on porst wich can be turn off and on
thanks and regards!

You have to define your criteria for switching. Disco light controllers are often (but not necessarily) what
used to be called "color organs" which the British have always seemed to call sound to light converters
(too boring for Americans I suppose). The concept is an audio spectrum analyzer with bandpass filters for
four to eight frequency bands, with a YES/NO output for each one. There are two factors that control the
lights for each band.
1- Is the music in this band (this is basically the ENABLE)
2- The amplitude of the music. This is the intensity information which would equate to a PWM value of 0-255. The lower the amplitude the dimmer the lights for that band.

Aside from that, there are sound trigger light sequencers that have a pre arranged sequence but only execute that sequence if the sound meets certain pre-set criteria , which can be freq and or amplitude.
If the base is loud enough , some specific light pattern chosen to represent BASS is executed. If the High
frequency is loud enough, some light sequence chosen to represent High frequency is executed. There can
be any number of frequency bands that function as ENABLES for the any number of different light sequences. This method doesn't sound like it would be that appealing on paper, but when experienced, is
quite appealing. It is even more enhanced when combined with the color organ described above.

Other than the two methods above, there is one method that has become possibly with the advent of the
RGB led strip controllers like the WS2801, WS2812, TLC5940 and WS2803. It is possible to generate
64-bit color using the Red Green Blue leds controlled by the WS2812. That being the case if you wanted
to, you could take the 88-note equally tempered music scale (I think it's eight octaves but not sure) and
assign a value to each of them. If you can detect those 88 notes , using notch filters, (music is , after all
only frequencies) tuned to those 88-notes (that's 88 notch filters) , then each note could generate a
different color.

As I said, you must specify your criteria.