Control Arduino with Android via Wi-Fi

Hi,

I am new in this kind of thing. I have an arduino which assembled with Xbee Wi-Fi Module. I want to control the arduino using android tablet, but doesn’t seem to have knowledge on how to code it. Can anyone guide me through this. I am doing this project for my final year in University.

Thanks.

I can give you a few resources for controlling an arduino via wi-fi. What is it you want to control exactly? Feel free to PM me with what it is you are working on and I will be happy to help if I can.

Bitlash Commander might be worth a look: GitHub - billroy/bitlash-commander: Web-based dashboard builder for Arduino.

-br

Thanks for the reply. Do you know where can I learn to code for android to control arduino via wifi?

rkosharil:
Do you know where can I learn to code for android to control arduino via wifi?

I would have thought a web-based UI would be the most straight forward approach - then you don't need to install any sort of fat client on the Android. For a minimalist solution you'd host the web app on the Arduino. For a more sophisticated front end, you'd wrap that in a fully featured web app hosted on a separate web server, and just use the Arduino as a back-end service. If you have a USB connection between the Arduino and the host that the front end web server is on, you also have the option of using a simple serial interface for that communication instead of using a web service on the Arduino.

It might be worth looking at SL4A or Ruboto. SL4A is probably easier to get started with and gives you a choice of langauges for programming the Android device, including Python and JRuby. Ruboto is JRuby only.

There is at least one example of building a web server on the Android device using SL4A and JRuby.

SL4A is here Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.
Ruboto is here http://ruboto.org/ and here GitHub - ruboto/ruboto: A platform for developing apps using JRuby on Android.

...R

rkosharil:
Thanks for the reply. Do you know where can I learn to code for android to control arduino via wifi?