Control arduino with RF remote control

Hi, I have a RF remote control (Click HERE to see the datasheet for remote) and an RF receiver (click HERE to see the RF receiver) and I am trying to make this remote work with my arduino. I spent close to 3 days trying to make this thing work with no results. Could someone confirm please that I can make this remote work with my RF receiver and also it will be nice if you can give me directions as to where to start in order to make this work.

Thank you very much.

Did you try the RCSwitch library and the receive examples that come with it.
Leo..

Wawa:
Did you try the RCSwitch library and the receive examples that come with it.
Leo..

Hi friend, yes I tried this libarary with provided examples. Examples say that upon pressing a button on remote serial monitor will start displaying something but this was not the case for me. Nothing is getting displayed.

Try one of these.

It simply changes state on the output pin and is easy to use.

Yours requires extra programming due to noise. The above is either off or on depending on the remote push button.

Weedpharma

weedpharma:
Try one of these.

http://www.dx.com/p/4-channel-315m-wireless-remote-transmitter-receiver-control-kit-432892#.V7FAhXgmKrU

It simply changes state on the output pin and is easy to use.

Yours requires extra programming due to noise. The above is either off or on depending on the remote push button.

Weedpharma

I am aware of those options but my project requires a lot of control and this remote was both convinient and high quality. I am also aware of RF controllers but they feel super cheap.