control leds one by one

Hello

I want to make an LED strip at the edge of my bed with the simple arduino program for Adra-fruit, but I want to control an LED by one with a potrentiomètre. can someone help me?

Post the link to the led strip on the Adafruit website.
Post the datasheet for the strip or link to it if you have it.
If you mean you want to sequence the leds to produce a led sequencer effect that depends on the led strip.
Some are addressable allowing color and intensity control of each individual led. I have never used a led strip so without the datasheet I couldn’t tell you. Some strips are more adavanced than others.
Until you post the link to the strip you have we can’t answer your question.

You will need to use a Neopixel led strip or a DotStar led strip.. as these are 'individually addressable' leds.

While Neopixels are widely popular (I think they were first?) I would suggest using DotStars (also from Adafruit)... (always)..

Neopixels have a VERY strict timing requirement, that require the Arduino to constantly update it.. (and doesnt allow for much else.. you'd have to code a state-machine/non-blocking sketch to do more things just update the led... such as checking a button or pot)

Dotstars do NOT have this requirement.

Neopixels also disable interrupts while it updating.. so other things that may use interrupts, like: servo libs, serial comm..etc are a no go.. or painful at best!

The good thing about these are, they run off 5v only!.. but you can NOT power more than maybe 1 led from an Arduino itself.... you also need to (usually) have a pretty beef wal-wart/power supply with lots of current!!

Each Neopixel/Dotstar led can take upwards of 60mA if fully on!

So.. with all that jazz out of the way..

lets get back to your feature list..

Bed
Arduino
Led strip
Potentiometer

When you power up your project.. what should happen?

When you adjust the pot, what should happen?

I'm not clear if the pot is supposed to control the speed to increment the leds?

ie: pot it turned down.. each led lights up, 1 by 1 by 1 by 1...etc every couple of seconds..
if pot turn up.. each led lights up, 1 by 1 by 1 by 1...etc faster (every second or so)

Led strips are out of my area of expertise but I used to build old school light sequencing controllers and the pot was usually the sequence speed, and sometimes I had a pot to control the voltage ramp for the intensity. (just a ramp driven low side switch).

At school I did a light sequencer at 240vac using a circular track and a clockwork toy loco.

It made lots of sparks.

I should be in jail

Allan

At school I did a light sequencer at 240vac using a circular track and a clockwork toy loco.

I wish I had discovered electronics when I was a child and could really have fun with it...

I wish I had discovered electronics when I was a child and could really have fun with it...[/quote}

I used to think that, but then I also think of all the other things I did back then that I wouldn't be doing now had electronics run my childhood.

Well, I'm not sure I could say that because my father didn't know anything about sports and left when I was 5 because my parents divorced so I would up a book worm reading Jack London, Victor Hugo , Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Robert Heinlein , and Isaac Asimov.
I must admit that at no time during my childhood did it ever occur to me that reading literature would come in handy later.

I'm guessing he wants a pot to control how many LEDs in a strip are on. I.e., leftmost position, no LEDs, turn the pot, more and more LEDs turn on until all are.
Sounds like a lot of work coding as many intervals as there are LEDs with included dead zones so LEDs don't flicker due to pot noise and unreliability.
Rotary encoder might be the better option.

But if the goal is simply brightness control, there is no need for changing the amount of LEDs on when you can simply control the brightness of all of them instead. And that won't even require a microcontroller.

OP has started same thread in French section of Forum.

Tom.... :o