control light depending on the light in the room

Hi! i am a highschool student from Denmark, and me and my group have some knowledge about arduino, and how to program it, but we aren't good enough and we need some help with our newest project. The project is about working conditions and we would like to controle the amount of light in a room to be equal to a certain value using a photoresistor and a small LED for testing purposes. if you would like to help us please reply. :slight_smile:

I think you need to describe in a little more detail about your project.

For example "controlling a light to be equal to a certain level".......

I can only guess by the heading of your query that you want the room to stay at a certain light level by ramping up inside lights when outside lighting becomes less.

I suggest you start by writing a short program (5 or 6 lines) to read and display the value of the LDR on the Serial Monitor and see how the numbers vary as the light levels vary.

That should help you to decide a strategy for writing code to switch on extra lights in response to the changing light level, including how to deal with the effect that the extra lights have. It should also help you to work out the best location for the light detector, or whether you need more than one of them.

It may be worth considering having a separate LDR illuminated only by an LED to provide a reference light level.

…R

bluejets:
I think you need to describe in a little more detail about your project.

For example “controlling a light to be equal to a certain level”…

I can only guess by the heading of your query that you want the room to stay at a certain light level by ramping up inside lights when outside lighting becomes less.

that is exactly what i mean :slight_smile: