Control Motor Power

I wish to control a 400W motor with PWM pin, the input voltage is 24V. Can I use-L298N Dual H-Bridge Motor Controller(http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Modules-L298N-Dual-H-Bridge-Motor-Controll/), there stated the max power is 25W? Any module or any shield I can use to achieve this high power?

Thank you.

You will need one or more large logic level drive power mosfet(s) rated at at least 40A to do this.

regards

Allan

@CoulsonYang, what do you think yourself? How close is 25W to 400W?

The simplest solution may be an Electronic Speed Control (ESC) which is controlled using the Arduino servo library.

Have a look on the Hobby King website.

Note that 400w at 24v implies a current of about 17 amps. Make sure your controller has some spare capacity so it is not running at its limit.

...R

allanhurst: You will need one or more large logic level drive power mosfet(s) rated at at least 40A to do this.

regards

Allan

How do I be able to connect the h bridge motor driver with high logic level of mosfet? Because my purpose is to control the direction and the motor speed and I do wish to keep the function of changing the polarity of the motor driver without replacing it.

CoulsonYang: How do I be able to connect the h bridge motor driver with high logic level of mosfet? Because my purpose is to control the direction and the motor speed and I do wish to keep the function of changing the polarity of the motor driver without replacing it.

you do not connect the h=brige, you make your own. google h-bridge. it is not hard to make one.

do you have an existing driver ? are you modifying an existing unit ?

dave-in-nj:
you do not connect the h=brige, you make your own. google h-bridge. it is not hard to make one.

do you have an existing driver ? are you modifying an existing unit ?

Ya I am modifying an existing unit.

CoulsonYang: Ya I am modifying an existing unit.

This is where you tell us about about the existing unit : photos, details, links to device, things like that.