Control of prosthetic arm [please help]

Hello everyone,

I'm in a big trouble can you please help me,

I have a project for my finale year in college, I want to control a prosthetic hand by emg signal , each finger alone,

I mean the arm do six movements,
Pinky, ring, middle, index, thumb, and fist,

I'm using five servos,
How can I move each servo according to the move I'm making,

I'm using a myoware sensor as input,

Please help me

What are you having trouble with? Can you read the sensors? Can you control one servo?

have a project for my finale year in college

What's your major? Do you know any electronics? Do you know any programming?

Did you plan on using only one sensor? That will give you a limited range of input values to drive behaviors. Have you looked at the data from your sensor?

Have you tried controlling servos?

(deleted)

DVDdoug:
What are you having trouble with? Can you read the sensors? Can you control one servo?
What's your major? Do you know any electronics? Do you know any programming?

I can't control multi servos individually,
Yes I read the sensor but I have just one sensor, isn't hat enough??

Yes I know programming and I can control one servo

johnwasser:
Overview | Getting Started with MyoWare Muscle Sensor | Adafruit Learning System

Did you plan on using only one sensor? That will give you a limited range of input values to drive behaviors. Have you looked at the data from your sensor?

Yes I just have one sensor, is there any way I can use it to drive five servos??

For the data I used the Serial Monitor in the Arduino IDE, and each finger gave me a range of values

vinceherman:
Have you tried controlling servos?

Yes I can control only one servo using if statement,
But I can't use the if statement to define a range so it equal the value of each of the fingers' amplitudes so that I can move each servo

spycatcher2k:
When is this rather complex project due?

I have like a month or 25 days

How are you sensing EMG if you're doing the moving?

Yes I know programming

But I can’t use the if statement to define a range

These two statements are contradictory. In which one are you being less than honest?

if(someVar > something && someVar < somethingElse)

You’ve got a long long way to go in 25 days. Better get real busy. I’d start by searching google for “C++ tutorial” and work through a few of those. Once you have that you’ll have the tools to start working with sensors and servos.

MohammadHab:
Yes I just have one sensor, is there any way I can use it to drive five servos??

Yes, you can assign whatever meaning you want to the data you get from your sensor.

MohammadHab:
For the data I used the Serial Monitor in the Arduino IDE, and each finger gave me a range of values

I am guessing (because you have not said) that the five fingers each give "a range of values" but those ranges overlap. That would make it impossible to tell which finger is producing any particular value.

Unless it is mandatory that you use the myoware sensor you should consider using five flex sensors attached to the fingers of a glove. That would give you separate data for each finger.

johnwasser:
Yes, you can assign whatever meaning you want to the data you get from your sensor.
I am guessing (because you have not said) that the five fingers each give "a range of values" but those ranges overlap. That would make it impossible to tell which finger is producing any particular value.

Unless it is mandatory that you use the myoware sensor you should consider using five flex sensors attached to the fingers of a glove. That would give you separate data for each finger.

Thank you so much,

I want to ask how many sensors I need to get separate data or each finger?? Is two sensors enough??

And how to get those data,

Thank you in advance

(deleted)

I would be surprised if you could isolate individual finger signals at all, even with one myoware sensor per finger, if you are trying to sense the finger muscles which are all clustered together in the forearm.

For flex sensors it would be one per finger.

spycatcher2k:
Are you for real? You want to read 5 fingers, using 2 flex sensors!!!!!!!!!

I didn't mean flex sensor,
I mean Myoware sensor

johnwasser:
I would be surprised if you could isolate individual finger signals at all, even with one myoware sensor per finger, if you are trying to sense the finger muscles which are all clustered together in the forearm.

For flex sensors it would be one per finger.

What I'm trying to say is that if I want to use two myoware, is that enough to isolate the signals for each finger?

I mean I have two channels of EMG signal, isn't that enough?

MohammadHab:
What I'm trying to say is that if I want to use two myoware, is that enough to isolate the signals for each finger? I mean I have two channels of EMG signal, isn't that enough?

My guess is: No. But you could certainly give it a try.
Imagine you have one Arduino with a 5-digit 7-segment LED display. Each of the five digits can be blank or display any digit from 0 to 9. You have the display in a light-tight box. Imagine you have another Arduino with two Light Sensitive Resistors that are also in the light-tight box. Your problem is roughly the same as trying to read the five characters on the display using only the two light levels.