Control radio with arduino

Hello,
I want to control a FM radio with a arduino. I want to do it in a way so that I bypass the potentiometer.

Some background information,
I started this project some time ago but I just can't figure it out.
I discovered a certain kind of paint that detects when being touched, the piece that detects it is a touch board (links below). This board works with the arduino IDE and has the same layout as a arduino UNO and can also be used as one.
My idea was that i could paint a radio on the wall (with normal paint) and use the 'touch paint' to mark the buttons, so when you for example press volume up the radio gets louder.

I have figured out how to detect touch, but now comes the radio part. My first idea was to do it with motors, but these just weren't precise enough. Then someone recommended to replace the potentiometer (that changes both the FM-station and the volume) with an analog-output.

Can I just pop the potentiometer off and connect the analog-output to the potentiometer output?
If not, what should I do instead. (Please keep in mind that I'm not that advanced with all this :D)

Thank you for reading, I hope someone can help me.

Touch board : https://www.bareconductive.com/shop/touch-board/

'Touch paint' : https://www.bareconductive.com/shop/electric-paint-50ml/

The radio: Nedis portable FM-radio 1,5W / zwart/grijs

Have you actually opened up the radio and confirmed that a potentiometer is controlling both the volume and the station being received?

Paul

If you're not set on that particular radio, there exist FM radio modules that are controllable via digital interfaces like the TEA5767 and AR1010 boards. These would be much more suitable for an Arduino project.

Paul_KD7HB:
Have you actually opened up the radio and confirmed that a potentiometer is controlling both the volume and the station being received?

Paul

Yes, i have opened it. Both volume and FM have a potentiometer with 3 pins where the middle one is the output.

"Can I just pop the potentiometer off and connect the analog-output to the potentiometer output?
If not, what should I do instead. (Please keep in mind that I'm not that advanced with all this :D)"

You might use the forum search function to search for "digital pot" to find possible previous projects that use them to replace analog pots.

Digital rotary encoders have 3 pins, are you positive those are pots?