Control Servo Speed?

I have my servos moving with no issues however they are moving way to fast. How can I control the speed of the servos so they are not moving as fast?

How can I control the speed of the servos so they are not moving as fast?

How are you controlling them today, so that they move too fast?

There are two techniques that work. One is to increase the load on the servo while decreasing the voltage (i.e. using a dead battery. That technique is not really recommended.

The other is to move the servo in small steps, say one degree at a time, with a delay of some sort between movements. The longer the delay, the longer it will take the servo to move the required amount.

Look at the servo sweep example that comes with the Arduino IDE and at several things at a time.

...R

Ok going to ask a rookie question. What do I do with the .ino files that Robin2 linked?

MontgomeryFett: Ok going to ask a rookie question. What do I do with the .ino files that Robin2 linked?

Save them somewhere convenient and then copy the parts of the code that you need into your program. The code is written as a series of self-contained functions to make that easier. Copy in the complete functions.

It might be useful for learning to run the program unchanged and then make changes to it to ensure you understand it. Just note that the Arduino IDE expects a .ino file to be in a directory with the same name. So a program called myProg.ino should be in a directory called myProg

...R

I am a big fan of this: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=61586.0

".ino" files are of little use outside the Arduino IDE. That's why code should wherever possible be posted in "code" tags in message text. Much more useful.