Control shutter

Dear ARAUINO

The attached file is my project. I need to move shutter to close a hole 10 minute and open 10 minute
then always looping like this.

Can I use arduino program control this stepping motor?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Yes you can. Use a current controlled micro stepping driver. That will keep you out of trouble. select the motor to suit your torque needs. Use a as high as possible supply voltage for the driver. I recommend using the AccelStepper library that gives you smooth acceleration and minimizes the risk of missed steps.

If you just want to close the shutter, wait 10 minutes, open the shutter etc then I suspect any cheap DC motor controlled by a h-bridge motor controller would be sufficient. Just use a couple of limit switches to prevent excess movement. You will need at least one limit switch with a stepper motor in any case.

OR, do you mean that you want it to take 10 minutes for the shutter to move from one side to the other? In that case a stepper motor would probably be better.

...R

Dear All

I just beginning to write C program please advise this program.

Thanks,

shutter_control.ino (717 Bytes)

// MultiStepper.pde
// -- mode: C++ --
//
// move shutter go to "close" position and wait 1 minute then move shutter go to "open" position wait 1 minute
//

#include <AccelStepper.h>

// Define some steppers and the pins the will use
AccelStepper stepper1; // Defaults to AccelStepper::FULL4WIRE (4 pins) on 2, 3, 4, 5

void setup()
{
stepper1.setMaxSpeed(200.0);
stepper1.setAcceleration(100.0);
stepper1.moveTo(10000);// I don't know what 10000 mean?

}

void loop()
{
// Change direction at the limits
if (stepper1.distanceToGo() == 0)
delay(60000);//wait 1 munute
stepper1.moveTo(-stepper1.currentPosition());
delay(60000);//wait 1minute
stepper1.run();

}

Isn't this the same project as in your other Thread where I have already given advice? Please keep all the questions about a single project in one Thread so everyone has access to all the information and there is no wasteful duplication of advice.

Please ask the moderator to merge them.

...R