control sliding door with motorized car antenna

Hi there
I want to control a small sliding door with a motorized car antenna.

Also the antenna should be controlled by a keypad. So when I enter the right code, the antenna should extend and open the door.

My question:

Is this possible?

I would use this antenna: https://asset.conrad.com/media10/add/160267/c1/-/gl/000372788ML02/bedienungsanleitung-372788-basetech-autoradio-versenkantenne.pdf

I am not really sure how to connect all together.

Can somebody give me some tipps?

I would power the Arduino to my plug.

Have you read the PDF that you linked to?
You connect the motor to a 12v source.
Apply 12v to the blue cable and the device extends fully.
Remove the blue cable from the 12v and the device retracts fully.

I would think this would be easy enough to control with an arduino.
I suspect that a transistor or a relay (and transistor to drive the relay) would be a good solution for controlling the action.
But I am not experienced with selecting the right transistors for any particular application.
Hopefully others who ARE familiar can jump in and help with how to select those.

Thanks for your answer.
Yes I read it.

But I am not sure how to controll the Motor with a keypad.. Once the Passwort is correct the Motor should start..

And I don't know if I can connect 12V to the Arduino?

Thank you

Are you really sure you want to do this?

My old Mercedes 300 SD had a similar radio antenna. The antenna would not go all the way up or down. I bought a new antenna with attached actuation cable. The service manual replacement steps said to turn the radio on and when the antenna extended, pull really hard on it so the cable pulls out of the motor assembly. That worked!

Then feed in the new cable and turn the radio off and the new cable and antenna will be pulled into the mechanism. That worked just as written.

I am telling you all this to explain there are NO stops on the mechanism, except in the actual antenna. The motor on/off it timed and the mechanism will just slip on the cable whenever the antenna stops the movement.

If you use such a device on a door, you must ensure the door has sturdy stops so the motor force will not destroy something.

Paul

flankistub:
Thanks for your answer.
Yes I read it.

But I am not sure how to controll the Motor with a keypad.. Once the Passwort is correct the Motor should start..

And I don't know if I can connect 12V to the Arduino?

Thank you

This is easy. Don't start out controlling the motor.
Start out with the Blink tutorial.
Make the LED blink.

Then attach your keyboard and run through the tutorials for that.

Then modify the keyboard tutorials to make the LED blink when the right code is entered.

The difference between make an LED blink and making the motor extend or retract is trivial. Simply what hardware is connected to the output pin.

Hey thank very much. I will try the LED blinking with the keypad.

But what I was wondering: the antenna Needs 12 Volt..
How can I power the Arduino and the antenna?

flankistub:
Hey thank very much. I will try the LED blinking with the keypad.

But what I was wondering: the antenna Needs 12 Volt..
How can I power the Arduino and the antenna?

Please measure the current needed to operate the antenna motor, particularly when an end stop is reached and the drive mechanism is slipping on the cable.

Paul

Hi there
I was quite busy and now got back on my Project.

Well the antenna Needs 0.6 +/- 0.2 A.

I’ve got a 12V Battery. Now is it possible (and how!) to connect the Arduino to this 12V Battery and connect the antenna and the keypad to the Arduino?

Any help much appreciated!!

Thanks yo much!

If using with a simple door consider adding limit switches to the "fully open" and "fully closed" positions on the door.

As for powering it is usually recommended to keep power to the Arduino below 10 volts.
Be that a simple voltage regulator or some other method you choose.
You can pick up the 12 volt feed and reduce that for the Arduino and keep the 12 volt for the antenna mechanism.