Control stepper via two different ways

Hello all,

I need help to understand if it is possible to control a stepper motor, both using a potentiometer and using a bluetooth module.

The potentiometer is physically connected, like in many example to A0, but now I want to add bluetooth control.

Can it be done? What happen if I set the speed let's say, in the middle with potentiometer and then send different signal from the bluetooth/ Is then the potentiometer is out of sync?

Many thanks
Moshe

Hello there!

It is most certainly possible to control via potentiometer and bluetooth, but be warned that the output may not be what you want.

With the potentiometer and bluetooth connected to A0, the voltage each one puts out will be connected to the other voltage output. If the two voltages are not the same, you may end up with an overcurrent condition, which could damage one or more components.

See the below picture for more details. V(Pot) is the voltage from the wiper of the potentiometer, and V(BT) is the voltage output from the bluetooth module. Since the two voltages are in effectively in parallel, there could be some issues.

Circuit.png

bos1714:
See the below picture for more details. V(Pot) is the voltage from the wiper of the potentiometer, and V(BT) is the voltage output from the bluetooth module.

Where did you find a Bluetooth module that produces a voltage? This is nonsense.

Bluetooth modules produce Serial data.

...R

mermosh:
I need help to understand if it is possible to control a stepper motor, both using a potentiometer and using a bluetooth module.

Yes it is possible but you need to to tell us the circumstances in which your program should use the data it receives via Bluetooth in preference to the data derived from the potentiometer and vice versa.

...R