Control video playback speed on Raspberry Pi with analog input from Arduino

Not sure if this is the right place for this -

I'm trying to build a video display for a stationary bicycle. The idea is that when the bike is not being pedaled, the video is frozen, but once someone starts pedaling, it starts playing. I'm using a Raspberry Pi as the video playback device, and it'll be connected to an Uno via USB.

How can I get the analog input from the bicycle dynamo I'm using to tell the RPi to freeze or unfreeze the video? (Reading input from the dynamo is something I've already figured out.)

Thanks!

thequesogrande:
How can I get the analog input from the bicycle dynamo I'm using to tell the RPi to freeze or unfreeze the video? (Reading input from the dynamo is something I've already figured out.)

Actually, to read a bicycle dynamo, you use a digital input, not an analog one. You can get a good estimate of the speed.

to tell the RPi to freeze or unfreeze the video?

You send it a message over the serial port.

The problem I see is how that message affects the playback speed. You will have to write some code on the Pi to do that. What language are you going to use?

Here is one way Changing video playback speed during playback on raspberry pi - beginners - openFrameworks

I meant digital - it was late when I wrote this and I was very tired.

I was thinking I'd use python on the RPi to control playback. Thanks for the link, that might be generally what I'm looking for.