Controling 10 servo motors with 1 Arduino

Hello

I've seen videos were you can control 6 servo motors at the same time with one arduino. I'm trying to make a portable wire bender (up to 2 1/2" in diameter). Here's what I have a little trouble with:

1. I would like to know if 1 Arduino (Uno) can control 10 servo motors at the same time, I'm currently looking for a motor shield for the Arduino Uno (just in case if I need it).

2. Can a single Arduino control 10 servo motors in different time sequence?

3. Would the Lipo battery be the best for this type of proyect?

4. Would I need at least 2 arduinos for this type of proyect?

The type of servo motor I'm considering to use is a 9 volt or a 12 volt, appreciate the help.

A Uno can control up to 12 servos. But probably better is to use it with a PCA9685 servo controller which can handle up to 16 servos independently.

What battery you might need depends on the specification of the servos. Lipos are generally good but you need to post details of the exact servo you plan to use.

Steve

Wire bender upto 2.5 inches diameter? With hobby servos? Can you clarify, it sounds impossible.

Board that i designed for one project is capable of driving 8 servos. Max current per output 1.25A but overall current should not exceed 3A. Hobby servos like mg995/996 use 1.1A stall current but in working range around 150-350ma (tested with 1kg load). And idle at around 30-50ma. Luckily you can completely switch the output off for servo not to use any current.

Here is the link:

MarkT:
Wire bender upto 2.5 inches diameter? With hobby servos? Can you clarify, it sounds impossible.

I see were the issue that I wasn't specific. Basically a wire bender that has the capacity to bend wire (or a steel pipe) that has a 2.5 inches in diameter. I was originally thinking about using 6, 9 volt servo motors. If that wasn't enough the other one would be a Nema 17 stepper motor and worst case scenario I would use a 24 volt, 100w servo motor. If the motor needs to be stronger then I would have to recalculate the power consumption for the batteries.

Baron38:
Basically a wire bender that has the capacity to bend wire (or a steel pipe) that has a 2.5 inches in diameter.

With a servo?

Have you tried bending 2.5" diameter pipe by hand?

I reckon you would need a hydraulic ram for something that size - I have seen one working (making exhaust pipes) on a Youtube video but I did not examine what it was using to produce the bending force.

...R

Here's a John Bean (Snap-on) 2.5" 63mm pipe bender: looks a wee bit more than a few battery operated servos.