Controlled 3 way mixing valve given digital input

Hello Everyone!

I have a simple question for most of you. I would like to control a 3 way mixing valve with a small software that i still have to create. The valve should move (from 0% open to 100% open) according to an input digital signal.
Based on your experience what do i need? which could be a good valve that fits to my needs? moreover i was thinking of using a Arduino Uno Rev3 (for instance). Supposing that i apply the signal from my computer is anything else needed?

Many thanks to all of you!

I would like to control a 3 way mixing valve

I'm not sure what's available, but you may need 2 or 3 valves to make a "3-way".

Solenoid valves are expensive and [u]proportional valves[/u] are even more expensive!

The valve should move (from 0% open to 100% open) according to an input digital signal.

You'll have to check the specs for the particular valve, but usually a proportional valve is controlled by variable DC (not digital), which can be approximated with PWM, the same way you [u]dim an LED[/u].

The Arduino can't directly drive the valve motor, so you'll need an appropriate power supply and a [u]NOSFET driver circuit[/u].

I read old post…
Do you make some code for mixing valve ?

it is usually best to start a new post. but the total number of replies was 1....

all valves work the same way, one way is open, the other is closed.
a 3-way valve is much like a DPDT relay, but analog.

one port is 0-100% the other port is 100-0%

you need to find a motor that can control it, or buy a motorized 3-way valve and then control the motor.

Select the valve based on your application. be careful valve sizing is not simple. It is as complicated at making an op-amp circuit.

The port or opening of the valve causes restriction. restriction causes changes in flow
A poor size is the same as the pipe size and when the valve is open 20% you get 90% of the flow. that leaves no range for control.

A reduced port valve is often used in control applications or even a small valve in a large pipe.

the Arduino part is super simple. the proper valve selection will effect the control ability and you cannot compensate in software for a wrong size valve.