Controlled Coil

Need help, I am thinking of controlling the Output of the heating element within a single push of button,

ex.(The process is like this)

I push button 1 the heating element will rise up up 800 deg C. and then stay it for 5 minutes before slowly turning of or rather not instantly turning off.

I push button 2 the heating element will rise up 1200 deg C. and then 20 minutes then slowly decreasing the output before turning off.

I will be using the Arduino which is connected to the ssr(they have individual supply) then the ssr will control the current through the heating element or coil.

Tell me if u have better suggestion. I have 14 buttons = each have different set points but same process.I am planning to do it or there is a better way instead of using 14 buttons. The target is i must control it automatically. i hope u get my point

Have you got a temperature sensor? (Probably a thermocouple and a thermocouple board/shied?)

Tell me if u have better suggestion. I have 14 buttons = each have different set points but same process.I am planning to do it or there is a better way instead of using 14 buttons.

Separate buttons is probably the "easiest", but a keypad & display, or some "up-down" buttons and a display (like the way you set a digital alarm clock) might be better. Also, if you include a digital display you can display the actual temperature which might be nice.

yes sir, i have k-type thermocouple and amplifier for the signal going to the arduino.

Sir, if i use keypad? i'll just input the specific setpoint that i want and when the setpoint is set from the keypad i can programmed its soaking time and they way it slowly decreases its output afterwards?

How fast does your temperature change when you turn the heater on?
How far does it overshoot when you turn the heater off?
How accurately do you need the programmed temperature to be adhered to?
How slowly do you want the temperature to reduce after the fixed temperature heating cycle ends?
Is there a specific profile it should follow?
How smooth must this decay be?

I'm trying to find out whether a simple on/off control for the heater ( eg with a simple SSR ) is adequate or whether a proportional or even PID control is necessary..

Allan.

Sir, most likely as fast as possible maybe within 1 hour i must reached a highest temp of 1000 deg C. i just need to conrtrol the temperature that will be simiar to time vs temperature graph

OK - that's slow enough for a simple ssr on/off to work fine.

I've done something similar with a 1.5kW heater and a MAX6675 thermocouple shield.
You say you have and can drive an LCD display. A 16x2?

I suggest you'll need 4 buttons .

Start/stop, up, down and menu.

I used a finite state machine and a timer function.

You have to set 3 parameters. Temperature, soak time and cool time. Setting these are accessed via the menu key, and the results stored in EEPROM for use next time.

I'll modify my code to be suitable for your application as an outline and post it.

Allan..

yes sir, i will be using either max or ad595 amplifier. I already bought the items all i need to do is set-up and make it function the in their desired setpoints(temp) and their soaking time and cooling time.

Do you have a link sir?

Thanks for your help..really appreciate it.

Sir allan update plss.

for buttons? is it more complicated than the 1 button = 1 set point?

Sorry - been busy.

If you're new to programming you may find this a bit complicated.

Have a look though and try and get the ideas..

Allan

try again!

Allan

oldmug1.zip (4.69 KB)

Thanks sir, i will try to understand your codes