Controllers for frequency greater than 1 kilo hertz

Hi everyone,

In my current project, I have configured arduino uno board with matlab simulink2014 version with help of arduino support package for simulink available at mathworks site. I am using arduino to generate unipolar PWM signals for H bridge inverter. I need to go for frequencies greater than 1000Hz.

When I tried with arduino uno board, for frequencies greater than 1200Hz the pulses are missing.So what other controllers from Arduino as well as other companies can serve my purpose?

When I tried with arduino uno board, for frequencies greater than 1200Hz the pulses are missing.So what other controllers from Arduino as well as other companies can serve my purpose?

How long have you been using an Arduino ? The default PWM frequency of the arduino is based on the analogWrite() function, which is based on the Timer 1 configuration . Have a look at this post. You might want to read this as well.

Dhruvshah:
I am using arduino to generate unipolar PWM signals for H bridge inverter. I need to go for frequencies greater than 1000Hz.

How can we help when you have not posted your code. And please post your program using the code button </> so it looks like this

…R

Actually I am not using ARDUINO software for writing code instead I have created MODEL file in MATLAB which generates Unipolar PWM signals.

Further with help of Arduino support package available for simulink in MATLAB, I am giving the PWM signals to digital output block. In that block i just need to specify pin number and once I run the option 'Deploy to Hardware' I get pulses on specified pin number.

The problem I am facing is for frequencies above 1.2kHz of carrier wave (which is used to generate PWM) the pulses are missing.

Read the replies to this post, especially Reply#1 . As already stated, the PWM frequency of an arduino is based on the Timer 1 configuration of the analogWrite() function.

Actually I am not using ARDUINO software for writing code

Further with help of Arduino support package available for simulink in MATLAB,

I hate to break it to you but if it is not hardware, it’s software, which means it is going to be subject to the analogWrite() function frequencies of 440 hz or 980 hz. If you want something higher you need to use Timer 1. Read the datasheet for the ATmega328 under Timer 1.
If you really aren’t using Arduino S/W or H/W , then you’re on the wrong forum.