Controlling 10V 900mA SMD with Arduino UNO

Hi All,
I have to control multiple (ROYAL BLUE and WHITE), with one RED, GREEN each with my controller, what is want to know is that how can i control 10V 900mAmps SMD with my Arduino Uno board.
I am new to this forum, so please forgive me if i have missed any of the norms related to posting issues.
Thanks in advance please.

What the ............

Mark

??

It would help if you tell us what you're talking about, really.

ghazanfaransari:
I am new to this forum, so please forgive me if i have missed any of the norms related to posting issues.

This obviously means you didn't bother to read the sticky.

...and exactly what is this mysterious 10V 900mA SMD? FYI, SMD stands for Surface Mounted Device, of which there are more than you can imagine.

I am trying to control SMD, i need to make it time bound for ON and OFF and also need to control its brightness, as it comes on it should be 10% bright and then after every 5 mins it increases it brightness by 5%. Once it is 60% bright it should stop and stay ON, till the time says to turn it off. brightness should also then come down by 5% in 5 minutes.

This is with one SMD only, once done i have to add multiple SMD.

Above is the the link to the SMD that i am talking about, it is 10V 900mApms and 10W Royal Blue (Grow Light) SMD-LED Chip.

Due_unto:
...and exactly what is this mysterious 10V 900mA SMD? FYI, SMD stands for Surface Mounted Device, of which there are more than you can imagine.

Many thanks for guiding me on this. This is LED chip that i am talking about.

Oh, so it's basically just an LED.

You probably easiest control them with an LED driver module, something like this. Switching on and off is fine, but I don't know how these things react to PWM controls.

I hope you know that grow lights need mostly red light.

wvmarle:
Oh, so it's basically just an LED.

You probably easiest control them with an LED driver module, something like this. Switching on and off is fine, but I don't know how these things react to PWM controls.

I hope you know that grow lights need mostly red light.

Thanks. I will check that. Grow light for reef tank is preferred as blue and minor of red.

Ah, was assuming regular crops. Reefs is indeed much more blue.

The dimming may be the hardest of your problems. Looking at the schematics it seems it's basically a boost converter which is current regulated rather than voltage regulated. I really don't know how they react to a PWM switched input (or output). The inductor is where I see a potential problem.

What I'm also wondering - related to plants, but probably the same for your reefs - is how they react to PWM type dimming. After all the lower light as you see is our eyes averaging the level. It's actually very fast switching on and off. Photosynthesis may react differently to this than our eyes do, as the chemical process is started and stopped over and over again.

Many thanks. Will try and then will let you know the outcome. I am also a bit confused on the reaction that you have just explained. Well keeping the fingers crossed, lets see what is the end result.
Thanks again for all guidance. :slight_smile: