Controlling 12V DC peristaltic pump with relays

Hi I want to setup a peristaltic pump that pumps on signal.There is no need for reverse pumping.

So I bought a 12V DC pump but it doesnt state any value of amp it needs and reading the reviews shown that lower volt also can operate it.

As for the relay its 6 Channel Relay Module With Opto-Isolator (12V) | Lazada

So its a 6 channel relay with optoisolator.

What I want to know is it possible to setup the wire connection with 1 external power source hooked up to the relay and another 1 (12V) to the relay connecting the pump? Do I need any of the flyback diode or anything extra to control it?

Sorry I am a newbie to all of this,plus I read around the forum but can’t get any direct answers since some thread says yes some say no.I want it to be on the safe side.

You can use a single 12V power supply. There is no need to add extra things to it.

Is it a small peristaltic pump ? Those require 0.5 A maximum. You can also use transistors or mosfet for those.

Koepel:
You can use a single 12V power supply. There is no need to add extra things to it.

Is it a small peristaltic pump ? Those require 0.5 A maximum. You can also use transistors or mosfet for those.

So I wont need to worry about the back emf or whatsoever?Well im planning to up the project to use multiple pump.But testing with one and messing around the config first.

No, the relais contacts should be good enough to switch the motor on and off.
It doesn't hurt to add a snubber circuit, but that is probably not needed.
Sometimes there are small capacitors on the motor itself, to reduce sparks.

The relais board is so big. A few mosfets, resistors, and flyback diodes is more fun.

Koepel:
No, the relais contacts should be good enough to switch the motor on and off.
It doesn't hurt to add a snubber circuit, but that is probably not needed.
Sometimes there are small capacitors on the motor itself, to reduce sparks.

The relais board is so big. A few mosfets, resistors, and flyback diodes is more fun.

Ahahah thanks very much.