Controlling 2+HP 3-phase motor

I'm looking to control a 3-phase motor, possibly through interfacing with a controller like the Baldor 15J. Does anyone have any experience with this or have any suggestions of hardware/where I can do further research? Thanks...

What control interface does the Baldor device have?

Nothing's purchased yet, but potentially a Baldor 15J inverter. I'm open to suggestions.

Yes, but what is the control interface to the Baldor 15J?

Anachro- The 15J has control interface built in. Is this what you're asking for? (sorry, I'm new to this whole arena). Specs are on the Baldor website, here:

http://www.baldor.com/products/detail.asp?1=1&page=3&catalogonly=1&catalog=ID15J203-ER&product=AC+Controls&family=Inverter_GeneralPurpose|vw_ACControls_Inverter_GeneralPurpose

Does this answer your question?

Thanks, AW

Looks like the control interface is either 0-10V, 0-5V or 4-20mA. Shame really, because a serial port would've been better. Anyway, you'll need to supply a 0-5V control voltage (someone else was asking about a 0-10V control voltage earlier, worth searching for). You can't use the Arduino's PWM outputs directly (i.e. analogWrite()), because they do not make a smooth DC voltage. So either use an external digital-to-analog converter (DAC) or use a smoothing circuit on the PWM output.

Thanks very much. that's helpful.