controlling 40 individually 40 output

Hi,

I am doing research in neuroscience. Recently I have developed with a colleague a novel methodology to look at sleep and arousal in fruit fly. Basically we not only look at immobility duration - as it has been done over the last decade by the field - but also responsiveness to mechanical stimulations. We hope to accomplish a paradigm shift with our new methodology.

Our methodology has been published (How deeply does your mutant sleep? Probing arousal to better understand sleep defects in Drosophila | Scientific Reports) and we created a dedicated website explaining how it works (http://web.qbi.uq.edu.au/dart/).

Technically what we do is controlling with our software 2 motors with a DAC device, the USB-1208-LS from Measurement Computer. However what I would like to do is to independently control more motors (in my dreams, 40! So technically 40 outputs) so I can individually wake up flies.

However, I haven't found any Digital to Analog converter that would allow me so much freedom. I hope this is the correct topic.

Thanks a lot for your reply

Ben

What kind of control your motors require?
What do you need your motor performs?

Please don't crosspost - one topic, one conversation.
This one is now locked.