Controlling 5-24V DC power via Arduino?

Hello,
I’m struggling to find a simple and inexpensive way to control a 24V DC power signal via an Arduino.

I would hope to regulate the voltage from about 5V to 24V DC via Arduino. I’ve looked for 24V converters controlled by PWM but it wasn’t easy to find.
Maybe some of you guys know of any or are able to find a solution.

Most converters can be controlled by a potentiometer, but a pwm to 5/10V analog signal wasn’t very cheap.
I looked at mosfet / resistance controlled voltage with switching of steps with different resistance to “regulate” the voltage in steps. It’s an ok solution but I could not find any module of this kind that existed.

Help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Acconda

What are you actually trying to do? Is there another way?

Have you thought about using an I2C digital potentiometer to control the power supply.

nathancamp:
Have you thought about using an I2C digital potentiometer to control the power supply.

Yes I have actually looked at it, it’s a possibility. I didn’t actually know they existed until I tried to find a solution for this. :slight_smile:

MarkT: What are you actually trying to do? Is there another way?

We wish to regulate the speed of a "3 phase" DC fan but I think in actuality they are 2 phase, with just 2 coils with common ground, and simply switches coil to change direction. So I've decided to try to control it by the PWM signal from the arduino, via an MOSFET or High-frequency relay. If you have some additional input I would be glad. I'm not very experienced using IC, Mosfet's and other small components actually, so help is again, much appreciated! :)

Datasheet or link for the fan?