Controlling a Cytron G15 Smart Cube Servo

Greetings to the members of this forum,

For the past few months I have been searching for the right motor that fulfills my needs for a relatively difficult project.

I have been looking for these requirements (ordered from most important to least important):

• Controllable with NodeMCU (ESP8266-12E) V2.0 (arduino nano also works)
  • Continuous infinite rotation
  • Precision movement and control
  • High torque (approx a few kg.cm)
  • Small package (less than 3in all dimensions)

I looked into multiple stepper motors, all of which are either too low in torque, or much too large.

Finally I found a motor called the Cytron G15 Smart Cube Servo - Cytron G15 Smart Serial Cube Servo - RobotShop

I have found multiple videos on youtube showing that it is possible to control using some arduino board (not sure which), and its torque is sufficient.

It is a smart serial servo, meaning it can rotate infinitely, and yet I can control the amount of degrees I turn it by (with precision to approx 1/3 of a degree)

However I have scoured youtube and google for about 2 days now, and all the results I am finding either do not explain hoe to control it, or they require a specific shield, which is not compatible with neither the nano or the NodeMCU.

I need to find a way to control this motor using my boards without using a shield, and was wondering if anyone here could help me with this.

Appreciate anything and everything, and please let me know if anyone is aware of another motor that fulfills my needs.

I followed the link that you provided.
There is a documention zip that includes arduino examples.
Do those help you?

Edit: Ah, I see those examples do use the shield.