Controlling a rear wiper motor

Hi,

I'm trying to control a rear wiper motor, to wipe backwards and forwards with a rear wiper attached to it (no car involved). I'm using a 12V battery. So far... no luck :frowning:

Could someone recommend a type of motor that is easy and safe to wire please?

james_irwin:
I'm trying to control a rear wiper motor, to wipe backwards and forwards with a rear wiper attached to it (no car involved). I'm using a 12V battery. So far... no luck :frowning:

Could someone recommend a type of motor that is easy and safe to wire please?

Your first paragraph says that you have a motor and your second paragraph is looking for a motor recommendation which implies that you don't have a motor. Which is correct?

Doesn't a regular rear wiper go back and forth when you connect it to the battery? (It's a long time since I had a car with one).

I presume you mean you have a 12v lead-acid battery?

Also it makes it much easier to give useful advice if you describe the complete project you are hoping to make.

...R

Wiper motors I am familiar with use a crank and a connecting rod between the motor and the wiper. When the crank makes a 360 degree rotation, the wiper follows with a back and forth motion. Did you forget this?

Some wiper assemblies also have a self parking circuit that momentarily reverses the motor direction to park the wiper.

Paul

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.

Hi,
What is the application for a wiping action?

Tom... :slight_smile: