Controlling a servomotor connected to Arduino

Hi,

I am trying to control two servomotors using DFRduino romeo board which is a clone of arduino. I have to send the speed and angle parameters through LabVIEW software to this romeo board which has the motors connected to it. Programming just the romeo board is not hard, but sending the signal through the LabVIEW is becoming difficult. The board should understand the parameters sent by LabVIEW. In order to send signals from LabVIEW I should have the instrument drivers for the romeo board. I manipulated the instrument drivers written for arduino board in LabVIEW to suit my board. But, what program do I need to write in romeo board in order to control the motor. I would appreciate if anyone could help me in giving suggestions as to how to program the romeo board in order to detect the parameters coming form LabVIEW software. Thanks!!

Link for the board : http://www.robotshop.com/productinfo.aspx?pc=RB-Dfr-36&lang=en-US

Kali.

Have you gotten your servo working as desired using something like the serial monitor?

I was able to move the motor in some direction though not the desired direction, using the arduino software. When you say serial monitor is it the USB serial cable you are talking about ? If so yes.

I was able to move the motor in some direction though not the desired direction, using the arduino software. When you say serial monitor is it the USB serial cable you are talking about ? If so yes.

When the person said "serial monitor" that is when you have the USB cable to the micro controller. So what it sounds like to me, is that there is a translation error. I might have it backwards, but serial monitor communicates with integers, whereas the micro controller normally communicates (serial) in bytes.

The fact that you say it works, but not the desire, tells me that the micro controller DOES get a signal, but the message is incorrect. If this is the case, then you would just need to take your Serial.read() and convert it: Serial.read()-48;

Translating two different machines can be a complete pain, because you won't know if the code works until you have the translation right. If you are communicating Arduino to Processing, there is no translation necessary, but from Serial monitor to Ardunio, the Arduino needs to be that Serial.read()-48;

Hopefully that can fix thing a bit for you.