Controlling a short circuit with an Adafruit Motorshield v2

Hello,
I have much programming experience, but my electrical skills are quite lacking. I am trying to drive a taser that is powered by shorting its circuit with an Arduino Uno and Adafruit Motorshield v2. I have registered the taser as a DC motor in the code and attached its negative and positive leads to the power block on the Motorshield board and attached a single wire looping back on itself in the two M1 slots. Matter of fact, here is my code…

#include <Wire.h>
#include <Adafruit_MotorShield.h>
Adafruit_MotorShield AFMS = Adafruit_MotorShield(); 
Adafruit_DCMotor *myMotor = AFMS.getMotor(1);
int x = '1';
void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
  AFMS.begin();
  myMotor->setSpeed(255);
  //serial = Serial.begin(9600);
  //Serial.setTimeout(2);

}

void loop() {
  //x = Serial.readString();
    myMotor->run(FORWARD);
}

It doesn’t work. One might tell me to get a relay board, but believe it or not, I really don’t have the resources for that at the moment and google doesn’t turn up many results for my unconventional method.
So, my question is, does anyone at first glance see this as possible with the tools I have (an Uno and a Motorshield) and if so, how? help is much appreciated and let me know if I’m really just stupid.

Share your circuit diagram for Arduino UNO & motor shield as there'ss nothing much to look in your code. I think the problem is in connections.

motherboi:
Hello,
I have much programming experience, but my electrical skills are quite lacking. I am trying to drive a taser that is powered by shorting its circuit with an Arduino Uno and Adafruit Motorshield v2. I have registered the taser as a DC motor in the code and attached its negative and positive leads to the power block on the Motorshield board and attached a single wire looping back on itself in the two M1 slots. Matter of fact, here is my code…

#include <Wire.h>

#include <Adafruit_MotorShield.h>
Adafruit_MotorShield AFMS = Adafruit_MotorShield();
Adafruit_DCMotor *myMotor = AFMS.getMotor(1);
int x = ‘1’;
void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
  AFMS.begin();
  myMotor->setSpeed(255);
  //serial = Serial.begin(9600);
  //Serial.setTimeout(2);

}

void loop() {
  //x = Serial.readString();
    myMotor->run(FORWARD);
}

It doesn't work. One might tell me to get a relay board, but believe it or not, I really don't have the resources for that at the moment and google doesn't turn up many results for my unconventional method. 
So, my question is, does anyone at first glance see this as possible with the tools I have (an Uno and a Motorshield) and if so, how? help is much appreciated and let me know if I'm really just stupid.

Let’s use the correct syntax. You ace COMPLETING the circuit when you connect the two wire. You can do the same with a push button switch. Your Arduino is NOT able to do such a thing on it’s own.

You could do the same thing with a proper mosfet circuit, but if you can’t afford a relay, then I guess you will have to use the wires.

Paul