Controlling a Stepper Driver

I've searched for hours and can't seem to find a simple way to control the speed and direction of a stepper motor using momentary switches and a potentiometer with Arduino.

I'm using a stepper motor paired to a Sparkfun Easy driver (and appropriate power supply), which requires only step/direction input.

I want to control the stepper to continuously turn as an electric window in a car. I want it to go up using a momentary switch and go down using a momentary switch, and use a potentiometer for speed control.

Does anybody have a sample code or list of functions that I can use to incorporate these features.

Send me your email address and I'll "sponsor" your time with $20 USD if you provide a working code.

Thanks!
Steve

I'm using a stepper motor paired to a Sparkfun Easy driver (and appropriate power supply), which requires only step/direction input.

That makes is easy, then.

I want it to go up using a momentary switch and go down using a momentary switch

So, all each switch does is set the direction - one way or the other.

and use a potentiometer for speed control.

You looking for permission? Granted.

Send me your email address and I'll "sponsor" your time with $20 USD if you provide a working code.

While I'd be happy to take your money, there is nothing to what you want to do.

All you need is to wire the switch(es) properly, and read the state(s) using digitalRead(). Then, read the value from the potentiometer, after wiring it correctly.

Set speed and direction as appropriate.

Post whatever code you come up with, along with a description of the issues, and we'll help you fix it.

Or, PM me if you really want to throw money my way. I won't dodge.

PM sent.