Controlling a telvision's toggle button with Arduino

This is probably a very basic question, but I don’t know where else to find this information.

I have a small television with a latching push-button that toggles between video inputs. I want to hook an Arduino to it to control the toggle switch instead of using a physical button.

Please see attached photos. The YELLOW latching button shown in the photo is what I want to control. You can see the pins at the bottom of the circuit board, which I’m hoping I can solder connections onto it. I was thinking maybe I could use a transistor to have this button complete the circuit in a different way, perhaps. In case it matters, the television runs on 13.5v, although the voltage going through this switch seems to be much lower. 3v or less.

Can I use Arduino digital IO to control this latching button somehow? Any guidance would be appreciated.

You would probably have to disconnect the mechanical switch as it probably does not have an off position. You might use a servo to mechanically push the button. Otherwise two transistors or a two position relay might be used. With these two options, the channel selection can be directly made.

telarium:
I want to hook an Arduino to it to control the toggle switch instead of using a physical button.

The switch has six terminals so I would guess Double Pole Double Throw (DPDT). Pairs of pins apera to be connected together so it looks like it is being used as a Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT) switch.

I would use a SPDT relay that has a 5V coil that draws 30 mA or less. The relay coil can be driven directly from an Arduino pin. Remove the switch and wire the relay contacts in its place.