Controlling an arduino with an RC controller

Hello

Currently I am trying to control a servo with a arduino mega 2560, and trying to send signals to that board with a hobby grade, standard PPM receiver. I have tried to use the pulseIn method to receive the signal but the problem is that the signal the receiver is sending does not have enough voltage to trigger the switch from LOW to HIGH. Attached I have a picture of the code I am using for testing but the only thing that gets printed is 0. Is there anything I can do to make this work?

Capture.PNG

Attached I have a picture of the code I am using

Why the f**k did you do that? 5.65 kilobytes of space wasted to show a few dozen bytes of TEXT!

Sorry I am a bit rushed right now and need to get this done. Is their anything that you can do to help?

" the signal the receiver is sending does not have enough voltage to trigger the switch from LOW to HIGH."
Sounds like you need a level converter to get a larger signal swing. You can use a simple comparator to create a signal that can swing from ~0 to ~5V. See the Vin comparator circuit that uses a LM358 on the Uno for example.
That compares Vin to 3.3V. You can change the resistors (or use a trim pot) and lower that level into the range your receiver outputs.
Scroll down to "Schematics in .PDF" and look at U5A at the top.

What receiver are you using? Some are 3.3V operation, but most work at 5V. The Multiwii project can take PPM-sum input of up to 8 channels.

Hi,
Do you have the gnd of the RX connected to the gnd of the Arduino?

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile:

hi every 1, im new in arduino,,,,can u help for robotic car with arm controlled by smart phone,,,with dayagram and cods,,,....
please help......,