Controlling an Eltako S12-200 teleruptor

Hi,

in my house I used the Eltako Teleruptor S12-200 for switching lights on/off. This works with all the buttons around the house, and now I would like to do some home automation using arduino. The teleruptor is switched using a 24V AC pulse. I would prefer not to use a relay, because basically the teleruptor is already one and then it would be yet another click, plus I don't think a mechanical relay is the ideal way to generate a pulse. What would be the best way to generate this pulse?

Thx in advance

Wim

I can't find good information through google - is this relay a bistable one or does the coil have to be continuously energised to switch?

According to the information on http://www.eltako.com/fileadmin/downloads/vl/Technische_fiches/Technische_fiche_S12_100_200_110.pdf it is bistable, and even optimized for in house use as it does not use any power whatsoever when not switched. Now in my house I already use simple pushbuttons that generate just a pulse on closure, and they are fed by a 24 VAC transfo. So basically I could use a relay to simulate this push button, but I don't like relays because it is only 24VAC, does not consume much power, and I have 54 of them... so 54 relays is a little to much.

So basically the question is: I have a 24VAC transfo output. Which is the schema needed to switch this on and off for a duration of about 50 to 250 ms so that it simulates a push on the button, but with components that make it is to have 54 of them...

Ah, that's clear. Opto triacs would be ideal I think - DC input to switch AC output.

Hi Mark,

I also came to that conclusion last night when I went in some google search on switching 24VAC. There also they made the suggestion for an opto triac, which is a component I didn't knew, but it seems indeed the correct thing for the job. I will order a few and build me a test setup with some optotriacs and the teleruptors.

Thx for your help,

kind regards,

Wim