Controlling an RC Car's remote with a Mega 2560 board

Looking for guidance on how to connect my Mega 2560 board to the remote of a RC Car and send commands.
Here is the remote:

Can someone please explain how to control it using either power from the Arduino or keep it's own battery supply?
I would like to use, let's say, pin 51 for triggering the forward signal.

Flip it over and read the number on the chip so we can find out what the input voltage level is.

Those are just the basic Bring-to-ground controllers. If a button is press, it is brought to ground and the chip sends out the appropriate command.

Since the arduino only has high and low output (5V/0V), those chips can only take about 2 - 3V, so I would recommend using a transistor and instead of wiring directly to the contact points, use a transistor to simulate a button press.

raschemmel:
Flip it over and read the number on the chip so we can find out what the input voltage level is.

It says "LOG TX6 0917"

HazardsMind:
Those are just the basic Bring-to-ground controllers. If a button is press, it is brought to ground and the chip sends out the appropriate command.

Since the arduino only has high and low output (5V/0V), those chips can only take about 2 - 3V, so I would recommend using a transistor and instead of wiring directly to the contact points, use a transistor to simulate a button press.

Can you please draw a diagram on how to hook up, I am very new at this.
If I understand correctly, you're proposing a transistor between bottom forward signal contact and ground, and control the transistor with the arduino?
Thank you

If I understand correctly, you’re proposing a transistor between bottom forward signal contact and ground, and control the transistor with the arduino?

Exactly or you can use mini relays, either way will work. Give me a sec to post a picture.

Added: no matter how much I crop and resize the pictures, they always end up huge.

This is an example of what you should do. (The cathode represents the forward pin on the chip)

It says “LOG TX6 0917”

SEE ATTACHED DATASHEET FOR CHIP

TX6.pdf (325 KB)

HazardsMind:

Please forgive my crude understanding of diagrams, but I think this is what you had in mind?

raschemmel: Thank you I'll check it out

Yes, that is correct, but the 320 ohm was just for the led, it is not needed anymore. But what is needed is a connection from the Arduino's ground pin to the controllers ground pin.

both bottom pins are ground (both white wire and black wire go to ground, sorry about the bad color, should have made it black as well)

It's ok, I understood what you drew.

so is the drawing still missing something?

No you have it correct, you just don't need the the 320 ohm resistor anymore.

ok thank you for your help. I'll post to confirm results soon, but I'm sure it's correct.
Much appreaciated!

Why is there no base resistor for the transistor ?

He could add one. Another 1k resistor(or a little higher) should be enough.