Controlling arduino through a webpage (EtherCard)

I have already built a small Web server on my arduino uno+ enc28j60 module with EtherCard Library. But can I add the capability to control some I/O pins on my arduino using the same webpage? how can I do that.. please help..

But can I add the capability to control some I/O pins on my arduino using the same webpage?

Of course. The page you serve up must contain a form with input fields of some sort (radio buttons and check boxes are useful), along with a submit button.

The submit button will cause a modified request to be sent to the server.

On the server, you need to distinguish between a request for the form in the first place (no ? followed by other data) and a request containing additional data (there is a ? followed by additional data). Parse that additional data to determine what the client wants the server to do.

Thanx PaulS... but its little confusing. If you can show me a small, example that would be a great help..!!

If you can show me a small, example that would be a great help.

I don't have the same ethernet card that you do, so I really can't help you.

ok then… but can you just give an example about d http part…its common for any ethernet card i guess … its a big help for me now…

This isn’t using your library, its using this one:

void loop()
{
  char* params;
  if (params = e.serviceRequest())
  {
    e.print("<H1>Web Remote</H1>");
    if (strcmp(params, "?cmd=on") == 0)
    {
      digitalWrite(outputPin, HIGH);
      e.print("<A HREF='?cmd=off'>Turn off</A>");
    }
    else
    {
      digitalWrite(outputPin, LOW);
      e.print("<A HREF='?cmd=on'>Turn on</A>");
    }
    e.respond();
  }
}

Hi Simon,

Is your library still undergoing developments ? The link above is date March 2010.

Did you ever look at EtherCard ? I'm currently trying (with some others) to understand it, but it's not trivial !