Controlling motorcycle LED headlight

Hi everyone,

with my buddies we're trying to control this motorcycle headlight with this guide but somehow the headlight is behaving strangely. On 100% the headlight LEDs don't lit equally and on 40% some LEDs are lit and some aren't. I'm adding some images to help you better understand my issue.

Also here's the code we're using GanjaLight/ganja_light.ino at master 路 JozefChovanecMT/GanjaLight 路 GitHub

Thanks in advance for all of your advices :slight_smile:

(mod edit)

cnosi:
Hi everyone,

with my buddies we're trying to control this motorcycle headlight with this guide but somehow the headlight is behaving strangely. On 100% the headlight LEDs don't lit equally and on 40% some LEDs are lit and some aren't. I'm adding some images to help you better understand my issue.

Also here's the code we're using GanjaLight/ganja_light.ino at master 路 JozefChovanecMT/GanjaLight 路 GitHub

Thanks in advance for all of your advices :slight_smile:

That photograph does not tell us how you know the LEDs don't lit equally or some leds are lit and some are not.

A schematic showing how all is wired is necessary and tell us if you are just guessing at the light value or are you measuring it with some instrument?

Are you using all soldered connections or are there mating connectors involved? Surely you are not using a plastic breadboard to make the connections.

Paul

The image shows that at 40% some LEDs are lit and some aren't and this isn't the way it's supposed to work. I want all of the LEDs to be lit but just reduce their luminous intensity (at 40%).

And unfortunately, I was testing it on a plastic breadboard but to make sure this issue isn't caused by this I'll make sure to use soldered connections.