Controlling multiple 3W RGB power LED's

Hello,

For a schoolproject I am making a light armature and one of the requirements was to work with RGB led's. My idea was to make a reflective surface that can move in a wave-ish sort of way (I've already got that working with servo's). And let bright LED's reflect off it onto the walls & ceiling.

I've looked around to find some bright enough LED's and came across 3W RGB LED's, I've been trying to make them work with a PC power supply and mosfets but I can't find a good guide to start with. Currently I'm just powering them directly through the PWM and changing the colour with 3 potentiometers, but they're just not as bright as I want it to be. I'm also just trying out 1 power led just to test out, I figure they will be even dimmer when I connect a couple of them?

For 3W leds, you need to be using constant current drivers and heat sinks, otherwise you will damage them, if you have not already done so. If you decide to buy CC drivers, make sure they are the type that are dimmable through pwm, most commercially available units are not.

PaulRB: If you decide to buy CC drivers, make sure they are the type that are dimmable through pwm, most commercially available units are not.

Any good suggestions?

Maybe these. But post a link to your leds so we can check the driver is suitable. Post the link properly, like I just did. Read the "please read" post to find out how.

Here is the link directly to the shop (it's a Belgian store), and here is the link to the datasheet.

That's not a good sign... The seller gave the wrong data sheet. The data sheet does not mention rgb.