controlling multiple arduinos simultaneously

Hey guys,
I'm working on a little project in my car where I intend to have about 4-6 arduinos controlling some lights, I neeneehese arduinos to do things on their own but then I would like to send a signal from my phone to all the arduinos at the same time, what's the easiest way to control these?

Have one master Arduino with a bluetooth or wifi module. Have it send signals that control the others.

How many lights is "some lights"? I would expect a single Arduino to be capable of controlling hundreds of lights with the right hardware.

There will only be a single string of leds on each one, however they will be quite far from each other and I don't really want to run wires between them if I don't have to. I'm also using multiple arduinos to make it a standalone system without the phone control, just want to add phone control for the 'cool factor'

MarkGlover:
Hey guys,
I’m working on a little project in my car where … I would like to send a signal from my phone

But not while you’re driving, I hope. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi, I think the wireless link is a bit fragile in a car, that is why the car manufacturers use a two wire CANBUS system.
Hardwired comms is the most reliable.
I'd say the car manufacturers have been there and done that and decided on wire.

Tom... :slight_smile: