Controlling of an RJ45 based IP camera

Hello Friends,

Please pitch some effective ideas on this heading.

my task is to calculate speed of the vehicle which i figured out using two sensors now i have to control an IP camera through this controller. According to me if this is possible with this controller than no need of any controller will be there. So kindly put some realistic suggestions below.

Thanks & Regards

Akki_099:
i have to control an IP camera through this controller

You have not provided any details about the camera;

OR about the controller;

OR about how you want to control the camera?

Post links to the datasheets for any devices you plan to use.

An Arduino can be used to control where a camera is pointed and when it takes a picture but it is not powerful enough to process images. For that you need a RaspberryPI or a laptop.

…R

Beyond the the obvious, which Robin2 has already identified...

i'm guessing you know how to capture the travel time between start/stop sensors... So the next step is to calibrate your camera start/stop pan/tilt motion positions to match the sensors... Then finally execute the motion to synchronise with the start event, spanning the period (stop - start)

Hello Robin 2, Controller is arduino uno and ip camera of HIKVISION company (rj45 output). I have done all calculations for recording speed only getting issue of clicking picture and transmitting to the network through arduino

These may point you in the right direction... https://www.hkvstar.com/technology-news/ip-camera-standard-protocol-onvif.html

http://www.hikvision.com/en/download_83.html

There is a lot of diverse info about hikvision and ip camera protocols on google, but you may have to dig a bit unless you have exact model numbers and more info than you're sharing with us.

HIKVISION camera model number: DS-2CD2T42WD-I5

Akki_099: HIKVISION camera model number: DS-2CD2T42WD-I5

Please post a link to its datasheet so we don't have to waste time Googling to find it.

Also, I still don't understand, from your Reply #3, exactly what you want the Arduino to do.

...R

hi robin2, my arduino uno will calculate speed of vehicle through two sensor by speed = distance / time.

Now i want to click the picture of a vehicle and send it to my PC.

Right now i don't know how to interface ip camera to arduino so that my arduino send pictures to my computer

Akki_099: Right now i don't know how to interface ip camera to arduino so that my arduino send pictures to my computer

How are we supposed to know when you refuse to provide a link to the datasheet for the camera?

...R