Controlling Servo Motors with Feedback from Force Sensing Resistor

I’m pretty new to using arduino. I’m making a material handling tool for a robot with force feedback from Force Sensing Resistors mounted on the the gripping areas of the tool. I’m using linear actuators controlled by the servo library. I want to start with the servos stroked all the way out, then close them until the FSR’s make contact with the part. In my sketch I have attempted to do this with a while loop and and if statement, but cant get the servo to respond. I can’t stress enough how new I am at this, I’m sure I’m missing something glaringly obvious to you folks. Sketch:

#include <Servo.h>

Servo myservo;

int Grip_1 = A1 ;    //analog input for FSR's
int Grip_2 = A2 ; 
int Grip_3 = A3 ;
int softgrip = 2 ;   // sets threshold values for soft, medium, and hard squeeze
int medgrip = 3 ;
int hardgrip = 4 ;
int SensorValue_1 = analogRead(Grip_1);  //stores resistance value from 0 to 1023 from grippers
int SensorValue_2 = analogRead(Grip_2);
int SensorValue_3 = analogRead(Grip_3);
float voltage_1 = SensorValue_1 * (5.0 / 1023.0);    //converts (0 to 1023) value into corresponding voltage from 0V to 5V
float voltage_2 = SensorValue_2 * (5.0 / 1023.0);
float voltage_3 = SensorValue_3 * (5.0 / 1023.0);

void setup()
{
 Serial.begin(9600);
 myservo.attach(9);
 myservo.writeMicroseconds(1800);
 delay(5000);
}

void loop()
{
 int SensorValue_1 = analogRead(Grip_1);  //stores resistance value from 0 to 1023 from grippers
 int SensorValue_2 = analogRead(Grip_2);
 int SensorValue_3 = analogRead(Grip_3);
 float voltage_1 = SensorValue_1 * (5.0 / 1023.0);    //converts (0 to 1023) value into corresponding voltage from 0V to 5V
 float voltage_2 = SensorValue_2 * (5.0 / 1023.0);
 float voltage_3 = SensorValue_3 * (5.0 / 1023.0);
 Serial.println(voltage_1) ;                           // displays voltage value on serial monitor of IDE
 Serial.println(voltage_2) ;
 Serial.println(voltage_3) ;

squeeze();
 delay(5000);
} 

void squeeze()
{
 if (voltage_1 < 1){
 myservo.writeMicroseconds(1100);
 }

youtubetutorial.ino (203 Bytes)

Just post the code. In code tags.