Controlling servo with timer and count down timer

Hi there,

I’m new to the territory of servos and need some help with hooking up a servo YM-2763 (ore equivalent in your store).

My goal is to have the servo go 90 degrees up and down with a LDR or timer.

I like to automate my chook feeder, so that at sunrise it will open and sun down it will close.

It seems pretty easy in theory but I’m bumping up against a not of the shelf solution.

So I’m looking for a controller that with a single input (high-low) controls the servo to go up 90 degrees and down 90 degrees.

Also looking for a speed controller and timer (5 to 50 sec run time) for the MEC-30150

Thanks for your given attention and intention.

Xavier 0402528560

Is your query regarding using the LDR, servo or both?

The LDR can be connected to an analogue input with a 10k R to 5v and read to determine dark and light.

The servo depends on the power requirements and the particular motor being used.

Weedpharma

When you open and close the feeder only once a day, you can use any geared DC motor and two (endpoint) switches. Then watch the LDR for changes, and on a change start moving the motor back or forth until the feeder touches the related end switch.

The gear drive should be self-locking, so that you can turn off the motor once it reached the new position. Eventually check every now and then that either switch is still activated.

Much simpler, but not so cool (funny, sophisticated): make the LDR drive a relay, that supplies power to the motor to make it move in the desired direction. The related end switch then interrupts the power line again, when reached. It's up to you to implement that simple logic in hardware (switches and cables) or software (Arduino sketch).

Xavier4u: My goal is to have the servo go 90 degrees up and down with a LDR or timer. It seems pretty easy in theory but I’m bumping up against a not of the shelf solution.

So I’m looking for a controller that with a single input (high-low) controls the servo to go up 90 degrees and down 90 degrees.

Any Arduino will do what you want - an Uno is best for a beginner. But you will have to do some work. Look at the examples that come with the Arduino IDE.

There are many Threads about chicken coops and such. Google should find them for you.

...R