Controlling servo

Hello there,
Im currently creating a quadruped robot and im facing a problem i have vts 08a servo and it needs 4.8 - 6v. And im using lead acid battery to power the servos my question is what to use to regulate voltage since there are 12 servos and each servo may consume upto 1A of current so total i it should be able to handle 12A of current

What is the voltage of the lead acid battery?

You can have multiple step down converters, for example 4 x 5V-3A converters, with each one powering 3 servos.

jremington:
What is the voltage of the lead acid battery?

You can have multiple step down converters, for example 4 x 5V-3A converters, with each one powering 3 servos.

i checked with multimeter and it says 6.3v

I would expect a lead acid battery to be easily able to provide 12 amps - unless it is a very small battery. And it is unlikely that all the servos will draw full power at the same time.

I would power the servos directly from a 6v lead acid battery. It would probably be wise to disconnect the battery before charging it as the charge volltage will be higher.

...R

If you provide a link to the servos you're using, we could probably provide better help.

I agree with Robin2 about the lead acid battery probably working fine on its own.

If you decide you need a regulator, here's one possibility. I'm using two of these in a 22 servo hexapod.