Controlling Stepper Motor and streaming Artnet as Position Data.

Hello Everyone!
As I am new to this forum and Arduino, I am super excited about my first real project. I have gone through a few small projects to learn aspects of the unit. UNO Rev3 Here it is:

PROJECT Requirements:

1. Positional / Control data for stepper motor to move object within a specific accuracy
    a. Ramping functionality
    b. speed adjustment functionality

2. Simutaniously, send correlating positional 16bit artnet (which has a value of 0 - 65536) data. ( the data is being sent via a network to other hardware that can use the artnet data to follow projected objects from a LCD projector.

What I am realizing is that I can have a stepper motor with a 1.8 degree rotational resolution, but it doesn't give positional feedback. Which for this project is probably fine. But Do any of you know how you could include position data? Are there stepper motors that have rotational data feedback?

With some research on line, and in this forum, I see that both of these goals can be accomplished separately. Also, I see that Robin2 has code to show that it is very feasible to run multiple items concurrently. Also I have read mcnobby's posts about Artnet via the Arduino. Having these processes talk to each other and or have one follow what the other is doing, is more my question.

I do apologize for my lack of technical terminology. I will be better with time. And thanks for any input.

Thanks again for reading, have a great week everyone! And thank you in advance for any feedback.

CR

ChrisR1975:
but it doesn't give positional feedback. Which for this project is probably fine. But Do any of you know how you could include position data?

Just keep a record of how many steps you command the motor to move.

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code
Several Things at a Time

Thanks Robin2. And thanks for the links!

ChrisR1975:
Thanks Brad.

??

...R