Controllino nema 17

Just tried to connect nema17 to controllino and cannot make motor move. I checked with led and seems like there is no ground comming from 8,9,A4 or A5. When I use incoming ground from 12 - 24V supply, led blinks. Any ideas?

TOPIC SPLIT
DO NOT HIJACK / NECRO POST !

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

paulsm:
Just tried to connect nema17 to controllino and cannot make motor move. I checked with led and seems like there is no ground comming from 8,9,A4 or A5. When I use incoming ground from 12 - 24V supply, led blinks. Any ideas?

Hi pauls,
the microcontroller-world is not superstandardized like USB-devices. You have to provide more information
"Nema17" is too few information to help. Nema17 is a word usually for a size of stepper-motors.
Now there are a lot of different steppermotors unipolar, bipolar, small ones with tiny inductivity, bigger ones.
We (the other users in the userforum) do not know how the outputs of a controllino are protected against inductive voltage-spikes. You dind't wrote anything about how you were switching ON/OFF the wires of the steppermotor.
Over time most other users get tired of asking back again, again, again and again new users to provide the information that is needed to really help. If you are too lazy to do that go buy a ready to use system off the shelf.
I'm pretty sure you are not an extremly egoistic guy but your question "any ideas?"
is like: "Can you look into your glas-spehre and tell me what's wrong with my setup?
or like
"can you please provide a full-blown tutorial about controllino driving "nema17"-motors covering all types of Nema17-motors?"

Again I'm pretty sure you did not meant it this way. I guess you are just stumped that it does not work and have no idea what could be wrong.
Now what you surely can do is describing in detail what your setup is and provide

• the sketch that you are using
  • links to a usermanual of the controllino-type you were using. (there are minimum three different types),
  • pictures of your controllino your "Nema17"-Motor technical specs of the motor
  • pictures and / or technical specs of your power-supply.

(mod edit)
best regards Stefan