converting modes motor

Dear all,

Here i am attaching simple circuit. I am using dpdt switch and spdt switch here. i wanted to run linear actuator in manual/auto mode.let me know mistake done in circuit.When i connected to manual it could able to change direction in forward and reverse with disconnected auto mode. In auto mode it should get operated with driver with micro-controller.
in manual mode , how to place diode in order to avoid the spark while change of polarity without affecting motor operation

MANUAL-AUTO.pdf (159 KB)

You should repost that as an image, easy to see...

You need to clarify the internal wiring of your DPDT switches - why not use standard switch symbols? Name each switch according to its function too.

Also you have a motor controller not connected to a motor??

@AMPS-N, did you cross-post using another account?
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=202680.0

yes. i got message that ur post has been removed

AMPS-N:
i got message that ur post has been removed

Huh?

MarkT:
You should repost that as an image, easy to see…

You need to clarify the internal wiring of your DPDT switches - why not use standard switch symbols? Name each switch according to its function too.

Also you have a motor controller not connected to a motor??

Here i have attached diagram for the DPDT switch . The image attached very clear. here M+ and m- indicate motor which is not mentioned . let me know how to connect it. IS above circuit will work

DPDT-toggle-switch-diagram.png

DPDT-image.jpeg

You have an M+ which I think should be labelled MANUAL+, but the basic motor connections seem sound, top DPDT switches
from manual to auto, bottom DPDT is direction when manual.

What I can’t understand is how the 24V supply labelled “AUTO” is wired to the “micro controller”,. surely it should go
to the motor driver? How is the micro controller powered (from the 24V or separately?).

Also I can’t see how the motor controller is disconnected from the motor when in manual mode - there may be issues
if connecting a running motor to a powered down controller (probably OK, but its something to check - a MOSFET
motor controller with under-voltage protection would probably be fine)

MarkT:
You have an M+ which I think should be labelled MANUAL+, but the basic motor connections seem sound, top DPDT switches
from manual to auto, bottom DPDT is direction when manual.

What I can’t understand is how the 24V supply labelled “AUTO” is wired to the “micro controller”,. surely it should go
to the motor driver? How is the micro controller powered (from the 24V or separately?).

Also I can’t see how the motor controller is disconnected from the motor when in manual mode - there may be issues
if connecting a running motor to a powered down controller (probably OK, but its something to check - a MOSFET

Micro controller will get powered on through another circuit . Driver has separate 24v and GND port. I wanted to changes made here . so that i know manual operation is fine . but same motor +/- should be use when operating in auto mode provided micro controller connected. Let me know connecting Diode in order to polarity change.
[/font]

You could probably use an on-off-on center return toggle switch for manual and two SPDT relays for the arduino controlled motor switching. Wire the switch and the two relays in parallel between the power supply and motor.

zoomkat:
You could probably use an on-off-on center return toggle switch for manual and two SPDT relays for the arduino controlled motor switching. Wire the switch and the two relays in parallel between the power supply and motor.

Thanks for above circuit. What is error you find in my circuit