Converting older CD-Amp-Speaker system to wireless

I am interested in converting an older CD Player-Amplifier-hard wired Speakers to a wireless system. In other words I would like to eliminate the hard wires between the Amp and the Speakers without losing the separate channels (left and right).

I envision a device using Bluetooth or similar technology (basically radio transmission right?) One component (the transmitter or TX) would be hardwired to the output of the amplifier and “paired” with a second device (a receiver or RX) hardwired to a speaker.

In the simplest configuration a separate pair would be required for each channel (left & right): module A (TX)would be hardwired to LEFT output and be paired with module B (RX) which is hardwired to the LEFT speaker; module C (TX) would be hardwired to RIGHT output and paired with module D(RX) which would be hardwired to the RIGHT speaker. I imagine both receivers (RX) would also have to be able to amplify the received signal before passing it on to the speaker.

A more sophisticated approach might have the TX module transmitting both the LEFT and RIGHT signal while receiving modules (RX) – there’d be two, one LEFT and one RIGHT, would be able to filter one channel or the other thereby outputting only one of the two channels.

Would like to discuss anything you could provide from concepts, component lists, schematics, completed boards?

Thanks

JoeO

In other words I would like to eliminate the hard wires between the Amp and the Speakers without losing the separate channels (left and right).

Of course you'll need a stereo amplifier (or a separate amp for each speaker) and power (or batteries) at the speaker-end.

[u]Parts Express[/u] has a selection of Bluetooth amplifiers & receivers.

Transmitters are not quite as common because most of this stuff is made to work with your phone, but you can find them. [u]Here[/u] is an inexpensive one.