Copy code from Uno to Yun

Hello all,

I'm currently building a device using an arduino uno. However the device uses a rather complex predictive control algorithm. This algorithm creates vectors which overflow my uno's RAM. Now I was wondering if it would be possible to just copy the code into an arduino Yun and not have to worry about array sizes anymore. Also, is the yun reliable for control algorithms? I'm far from an expert on these things, but I know the yun runs an OS, so I was wondering if that would mess up the timing. If sampling isn't real time it would made frequency analysis impossible (sample period is 10ms).

Kind regards, Budhalol

The Yun has two processors talking to each other over a serial link.

The micro controller side is like a Leonardo which has LESS ram than a Uno, so no you can't run your code there if you run out of ram on an Uno.

The AR9331 runs linux but you can't run "sketches" there any more than you could on a desktop running linux. You could PORT much of your code but this is not a simple task.

noblepepper:
The Yun has two processors talking to each other over a serial link.

The micro controller side is like a Leonardo which has LESS ram than a Uno, so no you can’t run your code there if you run out of ram on an Uno.

Sorry, but that is wrong. The Leonardo has 2.5KB of RAM, while an Uno has only 2KB of RAM. That’s theoretically 25% more RAM, but if that makes a BIG difference is a totally different issue.
The code space for sketches is 28KB on both (without tricks like omitting the bootloader)…

Ralf

Ralf is quite correct, I should have checked the datasheets instead of relying on memory, not quite sure why I "remember" that.

noblepepper: Ralf is quite correct, I should have checked the datasheets instead of relying on memory, not quite sure why I "remember" that.

No, problem, happens to the best of us... ;)

Ralf 8)

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=241259.0