copy entire installation to a 2nd PC?

hello, how is it possible to copy my entire installation to a 2nd PC? I have installed all to my PC incl. arbitrary boards (Due, esp8266, Feather) plus proprietary libs in an arbitrary sketch folder, plus special adjusted settings/preferences, and now I want to use all that on my Notebook, too. The basic installation (1.8.3) is installed on both, but how to transfer all the rest without having to downlaod and reinstall everything?

Copy the following folders over:

• Sketchbook - location defined at File > Preferences > Sketchbook location
  • Arduino15 (or similar name) folder - location shown at File > Preferences > More preferences can be edited directly in the file

thank you! for the future, it might be easier if one could choose optionally to get the Arduino15 folder installed as a subdirectory of the Arduino program directory ( C:\programs (x86)\Arduino\ )

You can. See: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/PortableIDE

thank you, but that "portable" thing is far too cumbersome to me. It would be much easier to have just 1 single folder (i.e., the Arduino installation folder inside \programs), to include all and everything of preferences and cores.

Read it again. That's exactly what it does. Create a folder named portable in the Arduino IDE installation folder, after doing so that folder will contain your preferences.txt and any hardware packages you install via Boards Manager.

If you like, you can also set your sketchbook folder to a subfolder of the portable folder and then everything will be under the Arduino installation folder.

IIUC, I have to download and reinstall everything for the portable folder anew - that would be too cumbersome. or can I copy my existing Arduino15 contents completely into the empty portable folder instead?

You can just copy the content of your Arduino15 folder over to the portable folder. That will also restore your preferences.

pert: You can just copy the content of your Arduino15 folder over to the portable folder. That will also restore your preferences.

that's excellent, that was the missing information - thank you very much!