copy files with sdft.h

Helow guys,
I need help copying files from a folder to the root dir of my sdcard using either sdfat.h library. Thanks

I would look at the 'rename' example.

Thanks for the quick response.
I'm using the simpleSdAudio.h library alongside the sdfat.h library and it's obvious that simpleSdAudio.h library only plays files on the sd card's root dir, so I basically want the sdfat library to delete all audio files in the root dir and copy files from any selected folder to the root dir.

so I basically want the sdfat library to delete all audio files in the root dir and copy files from any selected folder to the root dir.

Why? Stick the card in the PC. Move the files. Be done with it.

Here is what i'm trying to achieve.
I'm building a drum module and I have several PIEZOS which tragger specific audio files according to their file names, and instance piezo1 when hit triggers sd1.wav, piezo2 when hit triggers bd1.wav and so on.
I also have several folders on the sd which contain audio files with different sounds but with same file name as the ones on the root dir. So I want a situation where when a file is selected it's contents and copied to the root dir to replace the already existing audio files, this would make the PIEZOS to trigger the same file names that they have been programmed to trigger, but with different sounds. I hope this is a good enough explaination.

If the program knows, when piezo n is triggered, that it needs to copy xxx\soundyyy.zzz over soundyyy.zzz at the root level, I don't see why it can't just play sxxx_yyy.zzz, instead.

That would have been a better option if not that simpleSdaudio lib only plays files on root dir

That would have been a better option if not that simpleSdaudio lib only plays files on root dir

But, it IS possible to put all the files in the root directory. You may not be able to use the names that you like, but you could have 1 piezo trigger 100 different files.

Or, you could modify the stupid library that insists that only the root directory exists, to wise it up.

I actually don't know my way around libraries, except including them in a Sketch.

I'd be grateful if you could help me tweak it so that I can simply write a funtion that tells the library to play from a specific selected folder.

I'd be grateful if you could help me tweak it so that I can simply write a funtion that tells the library to play from a specific selected folder.

You haven't posted a link to the library, so that would be hard.

Sorry, my bad.

Here is the link
http://www.hackerspace-ffm.de/wiki/index.php?title=SimpleSDAudio