Corn Hole Score Tracking!

Hi Guys!

Simple summary, I want to add something to my corn hole set that keeps track of what back is on the board (1 of 2 teams) and which one goes through the hole. Ignoring any that might not make it on the board.

I was looking at inductive coils around the outside of the board and to put something inside of each bag with an identifier to each time. However, I couldn't find much on making a unique identifier with that scenario.

Then I was looking at RFID but couldn't find any material on if something was inside of an area, only that it would sense something in a general range, which would not be accurate enough.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Can you explain what a

corn hole set

actually is please.

Board with holes in, laying more or less flat. You stand some distance and toss small bean bags thru the holes.

Maybe optical sensing - 2-3 LEDs/sensors that the bags will break the beam(s) of while falling thru.

Board with holes in, laying more or less flat. You stand some distance and toss small bean bags thru the holes.

Thanks. Never come across that before, must be a U.S. thing.

Yes IR beams sound like the answer, however

Then I was looking at RFID but couldn't find any material on if something was inside of an area,

If you wind a coil round the hole and have an RFID tag in the bag then the RFID reader will read the tag as it falls through the hole.

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

However, any idea on how to tell what bag is just on the board but not in the hole?

Awesome idea! Buddy of mine used to build them. Any who, perhaps some HC-04 SONARs? They are cheap and easy to use. They are used often to detect movement.

You might run in to some snags of the bags gets hung up on the hole. Hmm, maybe have one at the top and one lower to record the different point values.

Hope this helps.

Edit: After some more thinking on it. I would have them both (SONARs) under the landing area. Mounted in the front facing backwards to avoid damage. Maybe have one mounted up under the top and the second one a couple of inches lower. No modifications of the bags would be necessary either.

KKurtzke: Hi Guys!

Simple summary, I want to add something to my corn hole set that keeps track of what back is on the board (1 of 2 teams) and which one goes through the hole. Ignoring any that might not make it on the board.

I was looking at inductive coils around the outside of the board and to put something inside of each bag with an identifier to each time. However, I couldn't find much on making a unique identifier with that scenario.

Then I was looking at RFID but couldn't find any material on if something was inside of an area, only that it would sense something in a general range, which would not be accurate enough.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!