Corona virus - it's simple

Whandall:
That's not immunity.

My apologies for getting my terminology wrong.

However you have not commented on the question I was asking - will natural biological differences mean that some people will not be susceptible (or will be much less susceptible) to this virus?

...R

Robin2:
will natural biological differences mean that some people will not be susceptible (or will be much less susceptible) to this virus?

Probably, but I'm no virologist or the like.

Yesterday I learned that there where no uninfected persons in households quarantined together
in the well controlled environment of the first infections we had here in Germany.

So on close contact it seems you will get it.

Whandall:
Yesterday I learned that there where no uninfected persons in households quarantined together
in the well controlled environment of the first infections we had here in Germany.

So on close contact it seems you will get it.

Thanks, interesting.

...R

@Robin2 I hope the strategy change in the UK was not too late.

I'm sorry for the Americans.

Whandall:
I'm sorry for the Americans.

It's often a good idea to run different experiments in parallel to see which is best, or whether there is any difference,

I know that is a facetious comment, but there is a germ of truth in it. Whatever the outcome may be in the UK (or anywhere else) the politicians and everyone who was in favour of the strategy will claim that it would have been much worse otherwise and there can be no evidence to contradict them.

...R

Robin2:
My apologies for getting my terminology wrong.

However you have not commented on the question I was asking - will natural biological differences mean that some people will not be susceptible (or will be much less susceptible) to this virus?

...R

You know the answer to that. Some people get very slight symptoms, exactly why is not yet known. It would be unwise to assume that that will remain the case. The Kansas Spanish flue of 1918 had an initial mild wave that only killed infants, the elderly and the sick. The second wave was much more deadly and killed young people in their physical prime. Different American cities applied different strategies to deal with the flu, in that experiment those that went for lockdowns, had fewer deaths.

Robin2:
It's often a good idea to run different experiments in parallel to see which is best, or whether there is any difference,

I know that is a facetious comment, but there is a germ of truth in it. Whatever the outcome may be in the UK (or anywhere else) the politicians and everyone who was in favour of the strategy will claim that it would have been much worse otherwise and there can be no evidence to contradict them.

...R

Well I think that is an experiment I would rather not take part in. New York is saying it is just days away from running out of vital equipment and supples. In China thay have manages to contain the spread and in some areas they have the new infections down to single digits per day. Guess what those single digit areas are doing, they are building hospital beds and buying ventilators.
This is going to be a real game changer for the global economy. China was already a powerhouse, after this crisis I think they are going to be positioned to become extremely dominant while the West will be in disarray.

ardly:
This is going to be a real game changer for the global economy. China was already a powerhouse, after this crisis I think they are going to be positioned to become extremely dominant while the West will be in disarray.

Or the fact that many of these major outbreaks seem to stem from China will in some instances make them something of a pariah ?

It seems than there is often a severe delay in China’s responses and numbers to these things which in my mind adds a level of distrust that cannot be ignored.

I would expect some pharma to pull back from Asian production to at least get an alternate supply line and possibly the same for some other industry.

Hi,
Well read this guys, Ruby Princess is a cruise ship that docked in Sydney and most passengers were not properly screened.
I don't know how long this link will stay alive.

Australian Border Force has blamed New South Wales Health for giving the Ruby Princess the green light to dock in Sydney, saying it was state authorities who decided not to send any health officers to the ship to check passengers for Covid-19.

But the NSW government is still insisting it was federal authorities who categorised the cruise ship carrying 2,700 people as “low risk”, resulting in the release of a major wave of 133 infections in the Australian community.

When it docked in Sydney on 19 March, three passengers and one crew member were displaying flu-like symptoms and had been swabbed. One was taken by ambulance to hospital and subsequently died of Covid-19. But passengers were permitted to disembark and make their way home, including flying overseas, with warnings to self-isolate for 14 days.

Tom.... :o

Whandall:

So well-controlled environment in Germany means everyone gets infected? And you pity Americans?

GoForSmoke:
So well-controlled environment in Germany means everyone gets infected? And you pity Americans?

Absolutely.

The well controlled environment were the quarantined families and contact persons, not the pandemic that followed.

:stuck_out_tongue: Who's that bald fatso?

Whilst we are in the states.

Worth the read !

one mask only.jpg

one mask only.jpg

Russian military planes are landing in Rome and a road convoy of military vehicles is heading for Bergamo in Italy.
The Russians are deploying medical teams with bio-warfare equipment to assit with Covid-19.

ardly:
Russian military planes are landing in Rome and a road convoy of military vehicles is heading for Bergamo in Italy.
The Russians are deploying medical teams with bio-warfare equipment to assit with Covid-19.

They are there to look after the huge investments they made to Italy over the years.

China has just delivered 15 tons of medical supplies to Italy.

unfortunately coronavirus is dangerous now for humanity...
why is it transmitted so easily if doctors said it's less dangerous than avian influenza?

lored02:
unfortunately coronavirus is dangerous now for humanity...
why is it transmitted so easily if doctors said it's less dangerous than avian influenza?

Because it can passed a week or more before showing symptoms.

Seriously, where do you get informed without knowing that? FOX & Fiends?

GoForSmoke:
Putin’s

Reported to moderator.