? Corrupted Install

I have had issues with compiling to M4 core, and now an issue compiling the Async Web Server library.

When compiling to M4 core, I get the following error

In file included from c:\users\Mydir\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\7-2017q4\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\7.2.1\bits\ios_base.h:46:0,
from c:\users\Mydir\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\7-2017q4\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\7.2.1\ios:42,
from c:\users\Mydir\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\7-2017q4\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\7.2.1\ostream:38,
from c:\users\Mydir\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\7-2017q4\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\7.2.1\iterator:64,
from C:\Users\Mydir\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\mbed_portenta\3.0.1\cores\arduino/mbed/platform/cxxsupport/mstd_iterator:35,
from C:\Users\Mydir\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\mbed_portenta\3.0.1\cores\arduino/mbed/platform/cxxsupport/mstd_memory:38,
from C:\Users\Mydir\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\mbed_portenta\3.0.1\cores\arduino/mbed/platform/cxxsupport/mstd_functional:31,
from C:\Users\Mydir\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\mbed_portenta\3.0.1\cores\arduino/mbed/platform/include/platform/Callback.h:27,
from C:\Users\Mydir\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\mbed_portenta\3.0.1\cores\arduino/mbed/platform/include/platform/FileHandle.h:23,
from C:\Users\Mydir\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\mbed_portenta\3.0.1\cores\arduino/macros.h:41,
from C:\Users\Mydir\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\mbed_portenta\3.0.1\variants\PORTENTA_H7_M4/pins_arduino.h:2,
from C:\Users\Mydir\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\mbed_portenta\3.0.1\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:76,
from sketch\sketch_apr23b.ino.cpp:1:
c:\users\Mydir\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\7-2017q4\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\7.2.1\system_error:39:10: fatal error: bits/error_constants.h: No such file or directory
#include <bits/error_constants.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Portenta H7 (M4 core).

When compiling the AsyncWebServer library to M7 core, I get the following error

C:\Users\RS\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\mbed_portenta\3.0.1\libraries\WiFi\src\WiFi.cpp:220:10: fatal error: resources.h: No such file or directory
Multiple libraries were found for "WiFiClient.h"
#include "resources.h"
Used: C:\Users\RS\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\mbed_portenta\3.0.1\libraries\WiFi
^~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not used: C:\Users\RS\Documents\Arduino\libraries\WiFiEspAT
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Portenta H7 (M7 core).

I uninstalled 3.0.1, and installed 3.0.0, and now resources.h is present in multiple locations, but I get this error

C:\Users\RS\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\mbed_portenta\3.0.0\libraries\WiFi\src\WiFi.cpp:220:10: fatal error: resources.h: No such file or directory
Multiple libraries were found for "WiFiClient.h"
 #include "resources.h"
 Used: C:\Users\RS\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\mbed_portenta\3.0.0\libraries\WiFi
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\WiFi
compilation terminated.
 Not used: C:\Users\RS\Documents\Arduino\libraries\WiFiEspAT
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Portenta H7 (M7 core).

I updated back to 3.0.1, and the resources.h file is present in the directory below

C:\Users\RS\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\mbed_portenta\3.0.1\cores\arduino\mbed\connectivity\drivers\wifi\COMPONENT_WHD\wifi-host-driver\resources\firmware\COMPONENT_4343W

However the compiler never finds it, it would appear

Any ideas from anyone?

I made some file copies, and now all compile, but not sure if other issues will crop up

For the error_constants.h file, I copied the one present in

C:\Users\RS\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\7-2017q4\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\7.2.1\arm-none-eabi\thumb\v8-m.main\fpv5\softfp\bits

To

c:\users\RS\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\7-2017q4\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\7.2.1\bits

And M4 Core now compiles

For the resources.h file

I copied the one in

C:\UsersRS\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\mbed_portenta\3.0.1\cores\arduino\mbed\connectivity\drivers\wifi\COMPONENT_WHD\wifi-host-driver\resources\firmware\COMPONENT_4343W

To

C:\Users\RS\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\mbed_portenta\3.0.1\libraries\WiFi\src

The Async servers now compile, and run

Assuming my changes will not cause any hidden issues, at least I can compile the example code now.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.